GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
S.No.PC-VI/110 RBE No.101 /2009
No. PC-V/2009/ACP/2 New Delhi, dated 10 .06.2009
The General Managers
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for Railway Employees
1. Scheme would be known as "MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME” (MACPS) FOR THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES.
2. The Scheme comes into effect from 1.9.2008 & is in supersession of previous ACP Scheme.
3. Three financial up-gradations shall be given from the direct entry grade on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years’ service respectively.
4. Financial up-gradation will be given in the immediate next higher grade pay in the hierarchy of the recommended revised pay bands and grade pay, not as per the hierarchy available in the cadre.
5. Benefit of pay fixation available at the time of regular promotion shall also be allowed at the time of financial up-gradation under the Scheme. (3% increment plus difference in the Grade pay).
6. Promotions earned / up-gradation granted under ACP Scheme in the past to those grades which now carry the same grade pay due to merger of pay scales / up-gradations of posts recommended by the Sixth Pay Commission shall be ignored for the purpose of granting up-gradations under Modified ACPS.
7. The grade pay of Rs. 5400 in PB-2 and Rs.5400 in PB-3 shall be treated as separate grade pays for the purpose of grant of up-gradations under MACP Scheme.
8. ‘Regular service’ for the purposes of the MACPS shall commence from the date of joining of a post in direct entry grade on a regular basis either on direct recruitment basis or on absorption/re-employment.
a) Screening will be done for grant financial up-gradation under MACP.
b) Benchmark of ‘good’ would be applicable till the grade pay of Rs. 6600/- in PB-3.
c) Screening Committees shall be formed by the respective departments / Cadre Controlling authority.
d) Screening Committee will take up in first week of January the financial up-gradation cases maturing during the first-half (April- September). Similarly the Screening committee will take up in first week of July the financial up-gradation cases maturing during the second-half (October- March)
e) Cadre Controlling Authorities shall constitute the first Screening committee within a month from the date of issue of these instructions to consider the cases maturing up-to 30th June, 2009 for grant of benefits under the MACPS.
9. Financial up-gradation would be on non-functional basis subject to fitness, in the hierarchy of grade pay within the PB-1.Thereafter for up-gradation under the MACPS the benchmark of ‘good’ would be applicable till the grade pay of Rs. 6600/- in PB-3.
1. Recruitment in Rs. 4200 GP – with no promotion for 10 years
1st Financial up-gradation after 10 years with GP – Rs. 4600.
2nd Financial up-gradation after (10+10) 20 years with GP – Rs. 4800.
3rd Financial up-gradation after (10+10+10) 30 years with GP – Rs. 5400.
11. Illustration 2. Recruitment in Rs. 4200 GP – with 1st promotion in 5 years with GP – Rs. 4600.
2nd Financial up-gradation after (5+10) 15 years with GP – Rs. 4800.
3rd Financial up-gradation after (5+10+10) 25 years with GP – Rs. 5400.
12. Illustration 3. Recruitment in Rs.4200 GP – 1st promotion in 5 years with GP – Rs. 4600.
2nd promotion after 8 years, (5+8=13 years) GP, Rs.4800.
3rd Financial up-gradation after (5+8+10) 23 years, GP, Rs.5400.